Adapted from Delicious Magazine Dec 2011/Jan 2012
I made this for dinner last week – and even the kids ate it all up! So I thought I would share:
Serves 2 adults & 2 kidsIngredients:
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
½ zucchini, thinly sliced (a mandoline is good for this)
½ cup basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
3 x 150g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
80ml dry white wine (I just used water in the kids version)
2 potatoes, chopped and roasted
1 sweet potato, chopped and roasted
Method:1. Preheat a bbq or non-stick pan to medium-high
2. Cut 3 30cmx40cm pieces of foil and place on a work surface. Cut 3 30cmx40cm pieces of baking paper and place each piece of baking paper over a piece of foil.
3. Divide the lemon slices, vegetables and basil among the pieces of baking paper.
4. Season the salmon fillets with freshly ground black pepper and brush with a little olive oil.
5. Sear the salmon on the hot bbq or pan for 30 seconds on each side
6. Place a salmon fillet on top of each parcel. Divide the chopped garlic and wine (or water for kids!) among the parcels, then loosely fold the foil and paper to seal the parcels, leaving room for air to circulate.
7. Place the salmon parcels, seam side up, on the bbq or pan and cook for around 6-8 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through.
8. To serve, place each parcel on a plate and serve with potato and sweet potato. Add extra basil leaves to garnish. Enjoy!